Recently, Federal Minister of Labour Dr. Kellie Leitch wrote to the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA) asking the association to encourage its members to take action to address the issue of psychological health in the workplace. In response to this request, CTA and Trucking HR Canada are partnering on an educational webinar which will help employers in the trucking industry understand the link between employee mental health and HR, along with covering potential strategies to implement mental health policies in their workplace.
Topics will include:
- Background on mental health and wellness in Canada
- The link between workplace mental health and human resources
- The business, health and legal case for mental health
- Implementing a mental health strategy in your workplace
- Introduction to the CSA standard for psychological health and wellness
The webinar will take place on October 6, 2015 at 1:00pm EST and will be held free of charge. To register for this event please click here.