OTA’s Freight Policy Council will reconvene on Wednesday November 22 and Thursday November 23 at OTA’s office in Toronto.
Day one of the Council meetings will host newly established working groups focused on wheel safety (9:00am – 11:30am) and issues related to service repair trades (1:30pm-4:00 pm), day two will be the General session of the Council (9:30 am – 12 noon).
Objectives of the Wheel Safety Working Group include:
- Review status of current wheel service practices
- Identify standard procedures
- Develop recommendations for service and repair facilities
Objectives of the Service Repair Trades Working Group include:
- Review Scopes of Practice (SoP) of trades working in the industry
- Review nature of work performed in different service and repair facilities
- Review enforcement actions by the Ontario College of Trades
- Identify typical service repair non-compliance patterns
- Develop guidelines for service repair compliance
- Develop recommendations for SoP revisions
The General Session on Thursday November 23 will address, amongst other issues: ELDs, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Cycling and Pedestrian Safety, Vehicle Weights and Dimensions, new MTO Road Safety and Carrier Initiatives.
The Council meetings are free of charge and open to any OTA member in good standing. To register for one or all the sessions, please click here.