The Ontario Trucking Association inducted several new members into its Half Century Club and Pioneer Club for 50 years, and 25 years of service to the industry, respectively, at the 97th Annual OTA Executive Conference.
Inducted into the Half Century Club for 50 years of service to the industry are:
- Jim Thomson, President, and Sally Thomson Thomson, Vice President, Thomson Terminals
- Lindsay Allen, Compliance and Driver Training, Wills Transfer Limited
Inducted into the Pioneer Club for 25 years of service to the industry are:
- Harry Porquet, Director of Operations, CCT Auto Trans Inc.
- Don Barclay, Fleet Safety & Compliance Officer, Giant Tiger Wholesale Limited
- Fawaz Frig, President, Little Guys Delivery Service Inc.
- Derek Varley, Director of Fleet Services, Premier Bulk Systems Ltd.
- Beverly Sutherland, Billing Manager, Steed Standard Transport
Ray Carey of Daimler Trucks North America, was also honoured with a special presentation by OTA and past OTA chairs. Carey is retiring after 56 years in the industry.
Congratulations to all inductees on this tremendous achievement.