It’s time once again to start planning for the premier executive event in Ontario. November 4-5 at the Ritz Carlton marks the 89th annual celebration of the trucking industry. This year’s event will build on the successful theme of first-class networking, education and the always entertaining awards dinner attended by senior trucking executives from across the province and Canada.
Registration will open May 1, 2015 but here’s a sneak peek at the lineup of speakers and entertainers:
- Michael Wekerle: “The Bad Boy of Bay Street”. Described as “Mick Jagger meets Warren Buffett,” Michael Wekerle is a rock star in the world of Canadian finance, having made many fortunes investing in tech and media companies. Most recently, he founded the merchant banking firm Difference Capital. His entrepreneurial spirit, combined with his lavish lifestyle, celebrity friends and joie de vivre, have placed him uniquely at the top of both the society pages and the list of Canada’s top power players.
- Shaun Majumder:In a few short years, Shaun Majumder has blossomed into one of Canada’s top comedians. A cast member of This Hour Has 22 Minutes, Majumder provides viewers with a volatile mix of parody, sketch comedy, and scathing editorial commentary.
- Captain David Marquet: Marquet served in the U.S. submarine force for 28 years. He is famous for turning his nuclear submarine crew – the USS Santa Fe – once ranked last in retention and operational standing, into the premier ship in the US Navy. Captain Marquet is the author of “Turn the Ship Around! A True Story of Turning Followers Into Leaders”. Fortune magazine called the book the “best how-to manual anywhere for managers on delegating, training, and driving flawless execution.” Marquet was named to the American Management Association’s “Leaders to Watch” list.
- Dr. Kimberley Amirault-Ryan: Kimberly was the first female performance consultant for the New York Rangers, the New York Knicks, the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the Edmonton Oilers (where she currently works). Dr. Amirault-Ryan’s motivational ground-breaking work has received numerous awards including WXN Canada’s “Most Powerful Women Top 100 Award”; The Globe and Mail’s Top Power 50; Avenue magazine’s “Top 40 Under 40;” and the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity’s “Most Influential Canadian Women in Sport and Physical Activity Award.”
- Mark Bowden: Communications expert Mark Bowden explains how to use persuasive communication skills to set yourself apart, win trust, and generate profit. His trademark techniques are used by top leaders and political players around the world who want to gain an advantage – beyond words – when they speak. His client list includes leading business people, teams, and politicians – from presidents and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies to prime ministers of G8 powers. His bestselling body-language book, Winning Body Language, has been translated into five languages and sold around the world.
The Thursday awards dinner ceremony, which is becoming the go-to industry dinner of preference for trucking executives, highlights the best of our industry in unforgettable style. The evening kicks off with OTA’s famous five-star reception and is followed by a relaxing night of laughter with comedian Shaun Majumder.
This years’ event will also include activities for OTA’s Next Generation participants along with a new welcome reception for first-time participants and OTA carrier members.
For more information on the event or sponsorship please e-mail [email protected].