The recently formed Compliance and Freight Policy Council (CFPC) will host is quarterly meeting Wednesday March 22 at OTA’s Offices in Toronto from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm.
Designed for networking and policy development for all OTA members (carrier and supplier), the Council is the where the policy process starts at OTA from an operations and safety perspective.
Agenda items for the upcoming meeting includes:
- Recent developments in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Screening and Testing;
- Long Combination Vehicles Program;
- Emerging issues concerning legalization of Marijuana and next steps for industry;
- Electronic Logging Devices & Electronic Trip Inspection Reports – Operational/Compliance Issues;
- Pedestrian and Cycling Safety;
- GHG Gazette I Notice & Transport Canada Tire Market Survey;
- MTO Infrastructure Planning and OTA efforts (truck parking, ramp rebuilds and scale relocations) and;
- Weigh Scale Pre-Clearance and Pre-Screening Initiatives – Info and Sub-Committee Formation
This Council meeting is open and free to all OTA members in good standing. OTA members interested in attending can register by clicking here.
OTA members looking for more information on the Council can email operations&[email protected]