As part of the Ministry of Transportation’s efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to help keep people safe, the ministry has extended the validity of the following driver, vehicle and carrier products, that expired on or after March 1, 2020 until June 30, 2021:
- Ontario commercial drivers’ licences;
- International Registration Plan (IRP) Cab Cards;
- Ontario licence plate validation stickers;
- Online purchase receipts of validation stickers;
- Ontario Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration (CVOR) certificates;
- Annual and semi-annual inspections.
The United States Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has granted recognition (see section 8) of expired commercial licences issued by Canadian provinces, including extension of the validity date of medical examinations, certification and/or validity of the corresponding commercial driver’s licences.
MTO recommend drivers have this validity extension memo on hand as proof of the extended validation period for vehicle and carrier products.
For a list of all products and services extended click here