Gardiner Expressway Rehabilitation- Lane Restriction Changes
On Saturday July 25th, 2020, there will be no westbound travel on the Gardiner Expressway from the DVP to Jarvis Street. Drivers travelling southbound on the DVP should exit at Richmond Street or Lake Shore Boulevard East to continue travelling Westbound.
On Sunday July 26th, until 5a.m on Monday July 27th, there will be no eastbound travel on the Gardiner Expressway from Jarvis Street to the DVP and the eastbound on-ramps at Bay Street and Rees Street will also be closed. Drivers travelling eastbound should consider Lake Shore Boulevard East.
During construction, Lake Shore Boulevard East will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Parliament and Jarvis Street. If you have any questions about the upcoming work feel free to reach out.
Communications Coordinator, Gardiner Expressway Rehabilitation
Alternating Lane Closures Rutherford Road between Huntington Road and McGillivray Road
There will be Temporary Lane Restrictions on Rutherford Road between Huntington Road and McGillivray Road from Monday, July 13, 2020 to Saturday, August 1, 2020.
Details: Temporary lane restriction
- Dates: Monday, July 13, 2020 (12:00 AM midnight) to Saturday, August 1, 2020 (11:59 PM).
- Time: At all times, 24 hours per day.
- Alternating single lane closures in the eastbound and westbound directions. A single lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
For more information, visit https://427expansion.ca/traffic-disruptions/
Notice of Study Commencement – Preliminary Design and Replacement of Highway 401 Hallecks Road Underpass, Township of Elizabethtown-Kitley, United Countries of Leeds and Grenville
Any comments or questions regarding the Notice of Study Commencement can be directed to the following MTO team member.
Mr.Dan Brandao, P.Eng.
MTO Sr. Project Manager
Ministry of Transportation – Eastern Region
Toll Free: 1-800-267-0295 ext.0
Notice of Study Commencement – Preliminary Design and Environmental Assessment for Highway 401 from Cranberry Road to Hamilton Road, Port Hope
This study will focus on determining the structural needs of bridges within the study area that are approaching the end of their service life. The study also includes:
- Staging requirements and impacts of the rehabilitation/replacement of the Choate Road Bridge and the Ganaraska River Bridge, including establishing 8 and 10 lane future footprints for Highway 401 from Cranberry Road Bridge to County Road 28 interchange.
- Interchange improvements.
- Other structural improvements.
We encourage you to contact the following project team member if you have any comments or questions regarding the project.
Mr.Chris Teepell, C.E.T
MTO Project Manager
Ministry of Transportation – Project Delivery East