OTA/CTA members Bison Transport, Challenger Motor Freight and Transpro Freight were named part of the 2020 Best Fleets to Drive For by the Truckload Carriers Association, in partnership with CarriersEdge.
The Best Fleets contest is based on driver surveys and interviews conducted by CarriersEdge and seeks to recognize for-hire trucking companies that provide the best workplace experience for drivers. To be considered for the program, fleets must operate at least 10 trucks and be nominated by one of their company drivers or owner-operators. The carriers were then evaluated on various categories, including compensation, benefits, performance management, professional development, advancement opportunities and more.
The other Canadian carriers to make the list were Fortigo Freight Services and Wellington Motor Freight.
Two overall winners — in small and large fleet categories — will be named during TCA’s annual convention March 1-3 in Orlando, Florida.
The full list of the 20 Best Fleets to Drive For are:
- American Central Transport — Kansas City, Missouri (No. 247 on the CCJ Top 250)
- America’s Service Line — Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Bison Transport — Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation — Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company — Redmond, Oregon
- Challenger — Cambridge, Ontario
- — Etobicoke, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers — Fremont, Nebraska
- FTC Transportation — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Garner Trucking — Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express — Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines — Superior, Wisconsin
- Load One Transportation & Logistics — Taylor, Michigan
- Motor Carrier Service — Northwood, Ohio
- Nussbaum Transportation Services — Hudson, Illinois
- Prime Inc. — Springfield, Missouri
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking — Defiance, Ohio
- TLD Logistics Services — Knoxville, Tennessee
- Transpro Freight Systems Limited — Milton, Ontario
- Wellington Motor Freight — Aberfoyle, Ontario