OTA membership has its privileges and OTA Council Summit platinum sponsor, Birdseye, wants to make sure OTA carrier members get to benefit from the knowledge and networking opportunities from the event by giving two complimentary registration tickets to the first 65 OTA carrier members. The event will take place on June 22 at the International Plaza Hotel, 655 Dixon Road, Toronto, ON.
The OTA Council Summit will feature over sixteen speakers from various disciplines in the four councils. The event starts at 9 am with a networking breakfast and registration followed by an attendee lunch featuring an industry issues update from CTA and OTA leader David Bradley.
Speakers and topics for each event will include:
- Preparing for an ELD Mandate – Tom Cuthbertson, Chair, ELD Task Force , Technology and Maintenance Council
- SPIF Explained and the Future of Trucking Equipment in Ontario – Joe Lynch, Ministry of Transportation
- CVOR Modernization – Brian Swan, Ministry of Transportation
- Mandatory Entry Level Training/Driver Certification Program – Franca Ambrosio, Kim MacCarl, John Landolfi – Ministry of Transportation | Rolf VanderZwaag, Ontario Trucking Association
- Marijuana Legalization – Barb Butler, President, Barb Butler & Associates, Dr. Barry Kurtzer, and Ross Wells (Gowlings)
- Current Status of Federal Overtime Surveys – Federal Labour Program (ESDC)
- Federal Health and Safety Compliance: Trends in the Trucking Industry – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- Controlling Your Group Benefit Costs – GroupHealth Benefit Solutions
- Managing Millennials in the Trucking Industry – Angela Splinter (President & CEO Trucking HR Canada)
- Future Initiatives: Impact to Cross Border Business 2020 and Beyond – US CBP & CBSA
- What’s happening at the Local Ports? – Various Bridge Officials
- Trending Topics in Cargo Crime: Best Practices & Regional (Law Enforcement & OTA member Carriers)
- How to Combat Cargo Crime – Insurance Bureau of Canada, Pardon Services Canada.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Reg Changes – Transport Canada
- GHG Phase II Regs & Eco Technology For Vehicles – Transport Canada
This event is open to all for-hire and private carrier companies and OTA member allied trade representatives for the $50 breakfast and lunch networking fee. Allied Trade members are encouraged to participate in the councils — an excellent privilege for members.
OTA would also like to thank the following companies for co-sponsoring the networking breakfast and lunch – TruckRight; Microdea; The Guarantee Company and Ontario Truck Driving School.