As part of the Ministry of Transportation’s efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to help keep people safe, the ministry has extended the validity of the following driver, vehicle and carrier products, that expired on or after March 1, 2020:
- Ontario commercial drivers’ licences;
- International Registration Plan (IRP) Cab Cards;
- Ontario licence plate validation stickers;
- Online purchase receipts of validation stickers;
- Ontario Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration (CVOR) certificates;
- Annual and semi-annual inspections.
Please click here for full details including information extension of driver medicals and US jurisdictions accepting all extensions granted by MTO. Information on how other Canadian jurisdictions are accepting MTO extensions can be viewed on the mainpage CCMTA’s website available here
Drivers are encouraged to carry copy of this memo with them when travelling outside Ontario. As the state of emergency in Ontario continues, MTO memos like this one will be updated on a monthly basis. CVOR holders in the province will also be receiving direct communications from MTO on all of these initiatives.