Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit (HKPR) Establish a Weekend Immunization Clinic for Truck Drivers
(Toronto, June 28, 2021) – The Ontario Trucking Association has been working with various levels of government to improve access to vaccinations for members of the trucking industry, especially for truck drivers who have challenges meeting appointment times that fall within the Monday-Friday time period. In response to the challenges facing Ontario truck drivers, The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit (HKPR) has announced some special weekend scheduling for truck drivers residing in the region.
“The Ontario Trucking Association applauds HKPR for their leadership and recognition of the societal importance of truck drivers and the challenges facing these hardworking Ontarians meeting appointments during the typical work week” said OTA president Stephen Laskowski.
Information on the opportunity and how to register is provided below:
Are you a truck driver who lives in Northumberland County, Haliburton County or the City of Kawartha Lakes?
Are you looking for a COVID-19 vaccination?
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit (HKPR) has weekend space for you at clinics on
- Saturday, July 24, 2021 at the Fenelon Falls Community Centre
- Saturday, July 31, 2021 at the Cobourg Community Centre
Booking an appointment is easy! Book for your 1st or 2nd dose!
- Go to Click and Connect on the HKPR website
- Follow the instructions to submit your information. State “Add to Special Booking List – Truck Driver” in your message
- Submit your information to HKPR by July 16
- HKPR will call you to book an appointment. **Call will be from an ‘unknown caller’
There are also other ways to get vaccinated:
1. Check the HKPR website for information on upcoming ‘Pop Up’ clinics
2. Book an appointment at a community immunization clinic through the provincial booking system
3. Book an appointment at a pharmacy that is offering vaccine. COVID-19 pharmacy vaccine locations
4. Some primary care providers are offering vaccine in our area. Check with your family doctor to see if they can vaccinate you.