The Honourable Anita Anand, Minister of Public Services and Procurement, announced she will bring together a diverse group of 17 private sector leaders to form the COVID-19 Supply Council. The group, which will include the president of the Canadian Trucking Alliance, will be tasked with providing the government advice on the procurement of critical goods and services required as part of Canada’s COVID-19 response and recovery efforts.
“CTA greatly appreciates the Government of Canada’s invitation to be a part of this important development. This is another example of how Ottawa has been proactively working and consulting with our sector and organization during the COVID-19 crisis,” said CTA president Stephen Laskowski. “CTA will be working with its provincial association partners to ensure the views and concerns of fleets and drivers from across Canada are expressed throughout this process.”
The Council will provide advice on building innovative and agile supply chains for goods in wide use such as masks, gloves and disinfectants; including production, sourcing, shipping and distribution strategies as the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve.
“Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have engaged with provinces, territories, and the private and non-governmental sectors to respond to this crisis. This council builds on that collaborative approach, bringing together a diverse group of leaders to help us address current and future supply challenges. I look forward to the work we’ll do together to ensure Canadians have access to the supplies they need to stay safe and healthy.” said Minister Anand.
The following is a list of the COVID-19 Supply Council members:
- Bramwell Strain, President and CEO of the Business Council of Manitoba
- Cathy Bennett, Director, BDC, SheEO; Chair of the Board, Dynamic Air Shelters; Former member of the Newfoundland and Labrador House of Assembly and Former Newfoundland and Labrador Finance Minister
- Dave McHattie, Vice President, Institutional Relations Tenaris Canada; Chair of the Board of Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters
- The Honourable Perrin Beatty, PC, OC, CEO and President, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Tabatha Bull, President and CEO of the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Diane J. Brisebois, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Retail Council of Canada (RCC)
- Tina Lee, CEO, T&T Supermarkets
- Christine Hrudka, Chair of the Canadian Pharmacists Association
- Jodi Hall, Chair of the Canadian Association of Long Term Care; Executive Director, New Brunswick Association of Nursing Homes (NBANH)
- Sue Paish, CEO, Digital Supercluster and leads BC Supply Hub
- Eric Edmondson, President and CEO, AirGeorgian; Chair of the Board of the Air Transport Association of Canada
- François Laporte, President of Teamsters Canada
- Joyce Carter, President and CEO of Halifax International Airport Authority (HIAA); Elected Chair of the Canadian Airports Council (CAC)
- Stephen Laskowski, President, Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA)
- Sylvie Vachon, President and CEO of the Port de Montréal
- Conrad Sauvé, President and CEO of the Canadian Red Cross
- Paulette Senior, President and CEO, Canadian Women’s Foundation