US Customs and Border Protection issued a best practices guidance to the trade community on agriculture regulations in order to assist carriers in understanding the impact and associated costs of non-compliance.
The presentation is intended to assist stakeholders in increasing awareness of the consequential costs and delays at the border associated with non-compliance, and to share best practices for industry to ensure conveyances are free of contaminants.
This presentation consists of the following:
• Potential threat contaminants present to the U.S.
• Examples of contamination
• U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) efforts to prevent entry of contaminants
• Impact to trade resulting from contamination
• Best practices for industry to ensure conveyances are free of contaminants
• Benefits of compliance
Click here for the outreach presentation: Carrier Conveyance Contaminant Trade Outreach_public
This notice has not been prompted by an increase in non-compliance or anticipated heightened enforcement, rather as a formal communication piece out to trade to promote predictability and facilitate the cross border process.