As most members are aware the federal government has imposed a carbon tax on inter-provincial carriers operating into, out of, and through – Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and New Brunswick (and in the Yukon and Nunavut as of July 1, 2019). Below and attached are resources to help carriers.
CTA has assembled a list of resources from CRA to assist carriers with this policy.
- CRA’s PowerPoint presentation on the carbon tax and registration system: RoadCarriers_PP_public
- CRA memo on carbon tax: Road Carrier_SDM_public
- General information page – https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/campaigns/pollution-pricing.html?utm_campaign=not-applicable&utm_medium=vanity-url&utm_source=canada-ca_cra-fuel-charge
- Information on where you can find forms and other documents – https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/excise-taxes-duties-levies/fuel-charge.html
- Email: If you send questions to this email, the CRA will respond with answers (Note: due to volume it may take a few days for a response) —[email protected]
- Atlantic Region Excise Duties and Taxes Post Office Box 638 Halifax NSB3J 2T5 Phone: 1-888-327-7999 Fax: 1-902-450-8559
- Ontario Region Excise Duties and Taxes 5800 Hurontario St Mississauga ONL5R 4B4 Phone: 1-866-667-9851 Fax: 1-905-615-2814
- Quebec Region Excise Duties and Taxes Section 492 Post Office Box 32305 René-Lévesque Blvd W Montreal QCH2Z 1A6 Phone: 1-833-240-2476
- Prairie Region Excise Duties and Taxes Room 232220 4th Avenue SE Calgary ABT2G 0L1Phone: 1-866-439-4202 Fax 1-403-292-4075
- Pacific Region Excise Duties and Taxes c/o 468 Terminal Ave 3rd floor 9755 King George Blvd Surrey BCV3T 5E1 Phone: 1-833-532-9908 Fax:1-604-658-8660
- CTA Paper for shippers can be found here:http://cantruck.ca/cta-chair-calls-for-reinvestment-of-carbon-charge-supply-chain-education/