Join OTA, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Peace Bridge Authority for this important webinar that will outline changes to be implemented for US bound trucks at the Peace Bridge starting November 15, 2016.
As the Peace Bridge embarks on phase I of their bridge re-decking plan (November 15 through May 15, 2017), there are important changes that carriers need to be aware of for trucks crossing into the U.S. to assist in maintaining efficient truck traffic flow across the bridge.
The webinar (open to all OTA members) will cover the key changes carriers need to be aware of starting November 15, 2016:
- To avoid truck queuing on the bridge entering the US, the Peace Bridge Authority will be metering the flow of commercial traffic into the United States;
- Only trucks that have successfully submitted an ACE e-manifest and have paid the applicable U.S. border crossing fees will be permitted to cross the bridge;
- Trucks will be evaluated at the bottom of the bridge on the Canadian side by Peace Bridge officials through the use of Pre-Arrival Readiness Evaluation (PARE) provided by CBP ;
- During the construction period, the Peace Bridge will require all trucks to submit ACE e-manifests, even if not currently required by CBP regulations;
- Once Bridge officials determine trucks have a complete and successful ACE e-manifest and have paid the applicable border crossing fees, they will be directed to cross the bridge. The readiness evaluation will take place in the commercial vehicle staging lot at the base of the bridge on the Canadian side;
- New crossing window times for trucks covered by the Peace Bridges “Truck Loads/Special Loads Program”
The session will run from 2:00 to 3:00 pm (EST). To join OTA for this informative webinar session click here to register before Tuesday November 1, 2016