The Ontario Ministry of the Environment is looking to recognize a person or business for Environmental Excellence.
The Minister’s Award for Environmental Excellence program recognizes outstanding work in environmental protection; encourages others to make their own efforts to reduce their impact on Ontario’s environment; fosters innovation in environmental protection; raises awareness of the importance of protecting the environment.
Nominate an Ontario climate change leader by November 27 who is:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Improving air quality
- Improving climate change resilience
- Showcasing innovation and best practices to fight climate change
You can apply if you are:
- an individual
- an Ontario business, small or large
- a non-governmental organization (e.g., conservation authorities)
- an Aboriginal community or organization
- an institution
- a municipality (only if applying as part of a group that includes non-municipal applicants)
Examples of activities include:
- community outreach
- education activities
- early adoption of new technologies
- leadership or innovation in achieving compliance
Visit the Minister’s Award for Environmental Excellence to download the application form and guide.
For 2015, the ministry is accepting applications to recognize work in the area of climate change adaptation and mitigation. However initiatives outside of these focus areas will also be considered.