With Father’s Day less than a week away, Canadian truckers are once again in pole position to win the Plaid for Dad fundraising race.
So far the Canadian Trucking Alliance and member carriers have raised over $8,000 for the popular campaign to raise awareness and funds to help protect men from prostate cancer. Arnold Bros. alone contributed over $6,000 thus far.
More fundraising events by Canadian trucking companies and provincial associations are scheduled this weekend, which will add to the industry’s efforts. Any funds raised this week can be donated to Prostate Cancer Canada through CTA’s fundraising portal on the Plaid for Dad website. Just click here to make a personal or corporate donation.
Plaid for Dad Fundraising ideas:
- First and foremost, wear plaid! Raise awareness and encourage others to find out what the event is all about.
- Decorate. Download posters and promotional material for the office or website banners here.
- Hold a BBQ, potluck or bake sale.
- Donate goods, books or sports/event tickets. Sell them at the office or have a staff raffle or auction for more exclusive items.
- Collect glass, copper metal and turn it into cash to donate.
Don’t forget, once a CTA member finishes their fundraising, donate through the CTA portal to make every trucking dollar count and make our industry #1 in Canada once again.