Time is running out to register for the only trucking event to provide you with all the latest updates and information on virtually every aspect of the industry under one roof!
The second annual OTA Council Summit, June 21 at the Westin Toronto Airport hotel, will be attended by hundreds of industry professionals looking to make their companies more efficient and profitable. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to network with professionals in your field and learn about the pressing issues affecting your business now and in the near future.
The Summit is based on three council sessions and two special workshops running concurrently so professionals from virtually every fleet department will find something of interest. This low-cost event features a networking continental breakfast, buffet lunch and numerous expert speakers.
Check out the full rundown of council sessions:
Compliance and Freight Policy Council
- The Anatomy of a US Truck Accident-From Catastrophic Loss through Trial (morning session) – Trucking Industry Defense Association;
- Dealing with Real Time Data: The Pro’s/Con’s and Expectations on Fleets – Trucking Industry Defense Association;
- Update and implications of GHG Regulations Phase II – US EPA & Environment and Climate Change Canada;
- Enforcement Trends in Michigan, New York and Ontario – New York and Michigan State Police, Ontario Provincial Police and the Ontario Ministry of Transportation;
- Technical, Operational and Enforcement Policy side of ELD’s in the U.S. and Canada – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators, Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance and ELD Suppliers;
- The Modernized MTO: Where we are and where MTO is going — Ontario Ministry of Transportation;
- Marijuana Legalization and Medical Marijuana: Overview of the impacts of legalization for employers and related compliance materials –Trucking HR Canada & Steinberg Title Hope & Israel LLP
- WSIB Briefing: Rate framework, premium rates, the premature displacement of financial and sustainability concerns, and likely political direction – L.A. Liversidge, LL.B
- Employee – Employer Relationships: Determining independent contractor status for owner-operators – Employment & Social Development Canada.
- The Anatomy of a US Truck Accident-From Catastrophic Loss through Trial (afternoon session) – Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Federal Legislative Overview: Outline of several coming legislative changes that will impact carriers – Employment & Social Development Canada
- CTA Update: Recent findings and strategy discussion on labour market conditions, wages & recruitment and retention from across Canada – CTA staff
- CBSA Commercial Vision and Strategy Overview – CBSA Commercial Transportation Division
- Improving Compliance: ACI AMPS Panel and Best Practices Roundtable Discussion – CBSA Commercial Compliance Unit
- In-Transit Pilot Overview and New CBP Programs Update – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Future of Crossing the Border: Infrastructure improvements and updates on new initiatives, technologies and programs – Various bridge officials.
EXTRA: ELD and MELT Classes in Session
This year we are also featuring Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) 101 & Mandatory Entry Level Training 101. Both these half-day workshops are geared towards carriers who have not yet transitioned to ELDs or prepared for MELT.
Registration is open to all OTA carrier and allied trade members at special membership rates.
Hurry, the event is just around the corner. Register Now!