Effective November 23, 2020 all road tests at the Brampton, Downsview, Etobicoke, Metro East, Mississauga and Port Union DriveTest centres will be cancelled without penalty. Road testing will be unavailable at these centres while in the Grey (Lockdown) level.
To limit the spread of COVID-19 in Ontario and upon advice from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, all stakeholders and customers affected by these cancellations are strongly encouraged to wait to reschedule their test and avoid rescheduling their road test at DriveTest locations in Red, Orange, Yellow or Green levels.
The DriveTest centres located in the Grey (Lockdown) level remain open to conduct inside services including:
- G1 and M1 knowledge and vision tests
- Driver’s licence exchanges
o Out-of-province licences
o Out-of-country licences (jurisdictions with reciprocal driver’s licensing)
o Out-of-country licences (non-reciprocating jurisdictions)
- Commercial driver’s licence applications and upgrades
o Knowledge and vision tests
o Medical report submissions
o Criminal Record and Judicial Matters (CRJM) Check or equivalent document submissions
o School Bus Driver Improvement Course certificate submissions
- New Entrant Education and Evaluation Program (NEEEP)/ Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) Test
- Driving Instructor licence applications