OTA members can take the next step up the leadership ladder by taking part in the OTA-SEEC Business Leaders program for 2018. Exclusive to Next Gen graduates, the program begins its second year at Truck World on April 19. Next Gen grads can register now to see what all the buzz is about.
OTA’s LEAD Committee developed the OTA-SEEC program with the Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC) at York University. Building off the Next Generation program, the program focuses on the theme of innovation, with the intention of creating an innovative mindset within leaders and using that mindset to drive innovation in the workplace.
Participants in the OTA-SEEC program will work in small groups to complete an Action Learning Plan (ALP) group project, which focuses on hot topics within the trucking industry which require innovative thinking practices and solutions. This year’s topics were selected with input from OTA Board members and OTA’s LEAD Committee, the three topics chosen are:
- The Value Triangle:
- People: Investing in future leaders. How? When? Why?
- Customers: Preparing the narrative around value proposition, what it costs and what’s it worth?
- The Business: Delivering shareholder value when every business expects a return on investment
- Visibility and Integration: Providing a new level of data transparency and (near) real time visibility between Shippers and Transporters in this high demand, service driven economy
- How do you recruit and retain drivers in an ever-changing market?As market conditions change, and volumes exceed capacity, how will you have, and keep, enough drivers in your business to satisfy demand.
Program participants will present their findings to a panel of experts made up of OTA Board members, business leaders and members of academia at OTA’s annual Executive Conference in November.
All participants in the OTA-SEEC Leaders Certificate program must be graduates of the Next Generation Certificate program to be able to register. A unique member ID will be emailed to all graduates of the Next Gen program to register for the OTA-SEEC program in 2018.
Eligible members can register at a cost of $1700 per program (a discount of $500). For more information on the OTA-SEEC or Next Generation program please see the linked brochure here – LEAD_NextGen_public – or you can contact email@example.com for more details.