Trucking operations and compliance requirements continue to evolve rapidly. Only at the OTA’s exclusive Council Summit will trucking professionals get an all-encompassing overview of new developments transforming the industry. We’ll cover rules, regulations and enforcement; technical standards, emerging equipment and new technologies, among other issues.
All these themes and much more will be part of the Compliance and Freight Policy Council session, which is one of three concurrent clinics at the popular, one-day Council Summit on June 21 at the Westin Toronto Airport hotel.
The jam-packed Compliance and Freight Policy Council session includes:
- The Anatomy of a US Truck Accident-From Catastrophic Loss through Trial (morning session) – Trucking Industry Defense Association;
- Dealing with Real Time Data: The Pro’s/Con’s and Expectations on Fleets – Trucking Industry Defense Association;
- Update and implications of GHG Regulations Phase II for tractors and trailers – US EPA & Environment and Climate Change Canada;
- Enforcement Trends in Michigan, New York and Ontario – New York and Michigan State Police, Ontario Provincial Police and the Ontario Ministry of Transportation;
- Technical, Operational and Enforcement Policy side of ELD’s in the U.S. and Canada – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators, Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance and ELD Suppliers;
- The Modernized MTO: Where we are and where MTO is going — Ontario Ministry of Transportation;
After hearing from experts on each topic, attendees can take part in an open discussion on current issues and industry best practices. This feedback can help OTA shape future policy.
But that’s not all! The Council Summit is also running two other dedicated tracks for labour/HR and customs/border professionals in your company. Be sure to let your colleagues know!
To register for the Compliance and Freight Policy Council and see more details on any of the other Council sessions, click here!