Online training option available. Click here for more details.
Course Length – Half Day
Conducting proper driver daily vehicle inspections are key to ensuring the safe operation of any commercial vehicle and limiting delays due to mechanical breakdowns. This half-day training session will help improve a driver’s knowledge of daily vehicle inspection requirements including:
- Proper Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) completion
- Navigating Schedule 1 to identify required inspection items and defects
- Handling major and minor defects including recording and reporting requirements
- Rules around the use of electronic DVIRs and Schedule 1
- Establishing an effective and comprehensive vehicle inspection routine
This training session will also include a practical component using a tractor-trailer to help reinforce the importance of a proper inspection routine.
Why this is important
Laws in Ontario require every commercial vehicle to be inspected before it is taken onto any road or highway. This also means that drivers have to complete and sign inspection reports and carry inspection schedules.
Course is Suitable for
If you are a driver, a driver trainer, a supervisor or safety director, you need to understand the daily inspection regulations. In fact, all carrier personnel from operations to maintenance need to have a good understanding of these regulations. It's going to affect how they perform their work. After attending this course, participants will understand how to properly inspect each of the 23 items listed on Schedule 1.
Member - $250 | Non-Member - $450
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES
Ontario Trucking Association 555 Dixon Road | Toronto, ON M9W 1H8