A handful of Canadian-based, OTA member carriers were selected as division winners at the Truckload Carriers Association’s National Fleet Safety Awards.
The awards honour North American trucking companies that demonstrate a commitment to safety and accident reduction. Several Canadian carriers belong to the U.S.-based TCA and they typically perform very well.
The top fleets in each division are:
Division I Winners (under 5 million miles)
- Stageline Express, Coopersville, Michigan
- FTC Transportation, Inc., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Rocha Transportation, Modesto, California
Division II Winners (5-14.99 million miles)
- MacKinnon Transport Inc, Guelph, Ontario
- Hi-Tech Express, Inc., Roseville, Minnesota
- Landstar Express America, Inc., Jacksonville, Florida
Division III Winners (15-24.99 million miles)
- Smokey Point Distributing, Arlington, Washington
- High Country Transportation, Midlothian, Texas
Division IV Winners (25-49.99 million miles)
- Halvor Lines, Inc., Superior, Wisconsin
- Trans-West, Lachine, Québec
- Erb International, Inc., New Hamburg, Ontario
Division V Winners (50-99.99 million miles)
- Groupe Robert Inc., Rougemont, Québec
- May Trucking Co., Salem, Oregon
- Cargo Transporters, Inc., Claremont, North Carolina
Division VI Winners (100+ million miles)
- Bison Transport Inc, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Interstate Distributor, Tacoma, Washington
- Landstar Ranger, Inc., Jacksonville, Florida
The divisions are based on how many miles each fleet drove and winners were selected based on their accident frequency per million miles driven. The numbers were verified by an audit conducted by an independent expert.
The division winners will compete for two grand prizes in two mileage categories: less than 25 million annual miles and 25 million or more annual miles.
The grand prize winners and division winners will be recognized at awards ceremonies to be held during TCA’s Annual Convention, March 6-9, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nev.